Monday, July 9, 2012

Traveling With Good News of an A!

Hello world. Today has been a very tiring day. After watching Army Wives and the black and white premiere of The Walking Dead in separate rooms (because there was no way we were gonna wait a week to watch them on the DVR) we loaded up in the car around ten last night and set out for Valdosta, Ga; our first stop. The drive wasn't to bad, but I could NOT sleep at all. I tried and tired. I read until my reading light quite working, and looked at my phone until it went dead and I had to charge it. Finally, around 4am I dosed off until about seven when Liam woke up. Thankfully we didn't have much more driving to do once Liam woke up. This is our third long distance road trip with Liam, the first two being to D.C. and Tybee Island, Ga, and I still struggle a little with knowing how to keep him occupied in the car if he isn't sleeping. What do some of you moms out there do? We had a netbook loaded with Disney movies, but being so little that doesn't always keep his attention for very long. Help me out guys .. lol, we still have a four-five hour drive tomorrow and then the 16+ hour drive home next week.
Anyway, when Liam and me woke up around seven am we stopped at a really nice McDonald's. Little did we know that looks can be deceiving, because that nice looking McDonald's was disgusting inside. I went to change Liam's diaper and the changer table looked dirtier than the floor. Then when we set down to eat our food I ended up having to wipe my legs off with baby wipes, because there was a sticky film all over them. YUCK! I looked for a store number, but I couldn't find one. I did however notice that their last food services review was an 87, which is terrible for a new facility.
Once we got in Valdosta we shopped around for a bit and then checked into our hotel around noon. Shortly after the rest of my family got here and we all swam in the hotel pool for a bit, and then went to get dinner at Chick-Fil-A. My whole dinner was only around 230 calories. That's pretty darn good if you ask me. Now I just have to fight off the midnight snack cravings.
I cannot wait until tomorrow when we actually arrive in Florida. I love the ocean (for a little bit anyway) and I cannot wait to have a relaxing week. After stressing over getting some Geology homework in for the week so I can actually relax on vacation, I got great news from my psychology class... I made an A in the course. YAY. That was great news to start my vacation with. Especially since I got a 96 on my seven page paper for the class!
School has been such a challenge to keep up with since I've had Liam, but I have been doing a darn good job at it if you ask me. Sometimes I feel like I'm not taken seriously about my school, but I have used Liam as my fuel to succeed and succeed I have done. I have made amazing grades since Liam has been born, but I have had to take a lot more time out of my weeks studying and doing homework. I'm glad Liam has a great daddy who can play with him while mommy's "working." Also, even though I am sad to send him, the extra time I will have when Liam starts part week daycare in the fall will be a God send!



I'm looking forward to a great week, and I will do my best to blog. So far my favorite parts of the trip have been seeing Little Liam sleeping with his monkey neck pillow on, my iced mocha coffee, and actually getting to read a book on my Kindle lol. I'm reading, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, by. Cheryl Strayed. It has been awesome so far and I definitely recommend it. Now don't forget to give me some tips on baby car travel.
Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment