Monday, July 23, 2012

Miscellany Monday!

As any mommy knows time to do anything for yourself is sparse. I love keeping up with this blog, but some days I almost feel like it's a chore and I get mad at myself if I miss a day. In an effort to give myself a little break I am going to start participating in Carissa Graham's Miscellany Monday, where it doesn't matter if your post is organized or put together, because complete randomness is what is expected. I will probably include favorite pictures of the week, scriptures I'm liking that week, books I'm reading... just completely random mommy day: ) Ok let's get started with what's on my mind this week.

1. My heart goes out to the victims of the shooting in Colorado. I just cannot believe how cruel people in today's society can be. I feel sorry for people who get in such a messed up state of mind, but there is absolutely no excuse for their behavior. I pray that God be with the families who are grieving right now. I absolutely hate that Liam is growing up in such a twisted society right now.

2. I heard a tragic story on the news this morning. There is a family who has five kids and every one of them have a heart problem. Their oldest daughter underwent a heart transplant when she was seven and their son, and middle daughter have had heart surgery. At the moment they are waiting on a heart for their middle child and dealing with the recent discovery that every one of their five children have some sort of heart problem, and most likely will all need new hearts eventually. It was so heartbreaking to watch. I was in tears the whole time. It is reasons like this that make it impossible for me to not want to be an organ donor. When I die I don't need my organs anymore, so why not save one or more lives. 



3. These are the scriptures that I have been meditating on this week so far. I made up these cute little notes in Photoshop and I am going to try and frame them tomorrow and put them up in the kitchen so I can speak them over selling my house every time I walk by them. We will sell our house in Jesus name! 

4. Liam was in one pageant and my inbox has been flooded with invites to more ever since. I am game (I think), but Ben is still skeptical. We are going to take it one step and one pageant at a time. We have decided to attend one that supports the Wounded Warriors next month and I'm pretty excited about it. The only problem is I cannot find a tux shirt to go with Liam's tux. HELP! 


5. After my final tonight we decided to take our babies on a walk to the park. It was adorable when Liam decided to "walk" Hannah himself, and he did such a good job. Also, he thought that it was hilarious when Hannah got a turn in the swing! We had fun and got some exercise in. 

I hope you all have a great week. I hope that the new Monday format isn't to weird lol. Check out Carissa's blog when you get a chance, because it is great. 

Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment