Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fairs and Recipes!



Hey mommies. I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far, mine has been pretty good. Yesterday we got a call asking if our house could be showed today between 10 and 11. I was so stoked and determined that it was the same family who viewed it the day before. I spent all yesterday cleaning and preparing for the showing and then we took Liam to Illinois for his Youth Fair appearance to hand out ribbons to the winners at the cat show. Liam did so good. I am just such a proud mommy. 



When we woke up this morning we did a little last minute prep for the showing and then Liam's Nana got here and we left so the house could be shown. Well I HATE selling a house. I am trying to keep optimistic and really trust in God for this sell, but you can't help being a little discouraged when this time the people were in and out in three minutes flat and it was not the same family who viewed it before. Oh well though, we made up for the disappointment by going to the Opry Mills mall in Nashville today with Nana. We had a lot of fun and got some good deals. 
On to more important things, what do you feed your babies? I have a toddler meals cookbook called the "Mommy Rescue Guide" and I love it. Some of Liam's favorite meals lately have been a tortilla with cream cheese spread on it and shredded cheddar cheese sprawled on top of the cream cheese... I roll it up and cut it into sliced and Liam munches away. Another is pork with green peppers and pineapple! 
I also really like trying new meal ideas for Liam. One that I recently ran into and tried was an oatmeal muffin. I'm going to list the recipe below so you can all try it on your little ones. 
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 6 packets of Sweetleaf Stevia or 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia powder or use 1/2 cup honey
  • 5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats { I used Bob’s Red Mill}
  • 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 3/4 cups milk (I used 1%)
  • Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips
Nutrition Info (without toppings)
Servings: 18* Calories: 143* Fat: 4g* Cholesterol: 25mg* Sodium: 32mg* Fiber: 4g* Sugars: 4g* Carbs: 23g* Protein: 6g*
*I opted to use the honey instead of the stevia. 

Here was our final product! They were delicious and I cannot wait to make them again. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your babies? I always love new ideas!!!!!!
Mommy On,
Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment