Thursday, July 12, 2012

Travel Tips and Making it to Florida

July 10th, 2012
Were FINALLY in Florida! We set out on the road around 7:30 this morning and got in Florida around noon. The travel time was a little rough, but after about an hour some travel tips started coming in and I immediately started trying them. Some tips that I was given that seemed to work were to read to him, let him snack, have a dvd player in the car and play music they like. (Even though you hate it -haha).
Once we got to the hotel we were informed that we couldn't check in until four. Hearing those words was the biggest let down, when we were all dying to get on that beach. WE decided to kill time at Target. Luckily it was worth it, because they had some super cool Dr. Seuss number, shapes, colors, and alphabet cards for $1 each. We also got a family game called Quelf that I cannot wait for us to all play. After we checked our the condo called and said that our condo was ready so we drove back to it, checked in, and started unpacking the cars.
After the cars were unpacked Kristin, Hannah, Ben and Liam headed to the beach and Mom, Dad and me left for Walmart to stock up on food for the week. When we got back I finally got to put on my suit and put my toes in the sand. The first thing I did was read Eric Carle's Mister Seahorse to Liam. I absolutely love that little book, and always try to incorporate reading into all our fun activities. (there is a book about everything... I promise.)

Most of the rest of the day was spent playing in the pool and unpacking stuff and setting out on the balcony. Liam just loves Kristin's best friend Hannah, so I just had to get a picture of him getting some Hannah love. Thank you Jesus that Liam is so social and not shy. I am to social of a person myself for him to be a shy baby lol. My night ended reading more of book and looking at this
<<<<<<<<. <3
Mommy On,
Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment