Friday, July 6, 2012

Busy Life and Scripture

Hey everybody. This has been a busy, but fun week in this Comer household. As I mentioned in my last blog Tuesday Liam and me went to the zoo with our friend Jack and his mom Kimberly, and Uncle Logie came to visit. Then on Wednesday (the Fourth of July) Uncle Logie was still here and Aunt Kris, Uncle G, and Gma came to spend the holiday on post with us, and yesterday Kristie and Jacob, who are in from Georgia, came to visit us. Busy, busy, busy, but we love our busy life. Yesterday was so much fun. Kristie is my best friend and her son holds a very special place in my heart. I have missed them like crazy since they moved to Georgia, but I take comfort in the fact that I truly believe one day we will live close to each other again. Pretty soon after they arrived we all got ready and went to the pool on post. Low and behold maybe 5 minutes after we got in the water a lifeguard discovered someone had pooped in the pool and we had to get out for an hour for the pool to be shocked. We took a snack break and made use of the splash part of the pool while the big pool was being cleaned. At first we debated whether we should leave or not and then I was like," ya know in the ocean we swim with human poop, fish poop and pee, it's actually pretty nasty if you thought about it, so swimming in a chlorine, and shocked pool is nothing compared to the ocean." HAHA. Once we got back from the pool we watched Cars 2 and talked the night away. I needed my Kristie and Jacob time bad. Liam loved it too. Kristie makes him laugh every time she plays with him, and he loved hugging Jacob, but Jacob was not so keen to the idea of being hugged so much.
Kristie and Jacob left pretty early this morning and Ben, Liam, and me set out to run some errands. Our first stop was the library to return and rent some more books for Little Liam. Next, we went to the mall to get Liam's haircut, and my eyebrows waxed. We also had to get Liam a white shirt for family pictures on the beach and me some new sunglasses since Ben broke my Jessica Simpson ones TWICE. This time I unfortunately got knock off instead of name brand, because I did not want another "accident" to happen. Fake Dolce and Gabbana and Prada it is haha.
The rest of our day has pretty much been spent napping, exercising, cooking, and taking a final/preparing for my PPST. Liam and Ben had lots of fun playing while I had to do some work.
One thing that I really wanted to share was how important it is to me personally as a parent to share the word of God with Liam, and teach him the right way to live. I have a lot of favorite bible verses and teachings, but since I have had Liam it seems that some of my favorites, and even verses I never paid very much attention to, mean so much more to me now. I gave myself a harsh reality check earlier when I was reading about christian ethics in Romans. Some of the verses that really stuck our were Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." Also, Romans 12:12, "Rejoice in hope: be patient in affliction, be persistent in prayer, " and Romans 12:14, "Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse." Finally, Romans 12 :17-18, "Do not repay anyone evil for evil [...] If possible, on your part, live at peace with everyone." These are scriptures that will be a vital teaching in Liam's life. They will come in handy in so many parts of his upbringing, especially in the area of (well as of now) not even being able to see his only blood first cousin. These verses can teach him that even though they are evil and mean to us by not letting us see him, we need to forgive them anyway, and still be nice to them when we see them at school or sports events, or the store even. Also, that we need to not worry about it, but pray for them and the situation. I saw this thing on Pinterest about making a Smash book of scriptures for your child to read to them at bedtime. The lady picked some of her favorites that she really wanted her kids to know and she glued on colorful pictures, and daily examples, and drew some drawings to help make the verses more fun than black and white pages. It is such a neat idea and I really want to make one for Liam. I am going to a scrapbook convention in August and one of the classes is a SMASH book class, so I plan on doing my book as a scripture storybook like the lady on Pinterest. Here's a link to her blog page: http://www.carissagraham.com/2012/03/i-made-book-scripture-scraps.html
Once I make one for Liam in August then I will post pictures of the one I make him. I encourage you moms out there to make one for your babies!!!!!

Here is picture of Liam at the pool too! By the Way I am going to have a small mommy rant really quick. How come no one told me how expensive sippy cups are lol. This sippy cost $6. I got three sippies and it cost $15. I could not believe it, but oh well they're cute and he has to have them!
Mommy On,
Liam's Mommy
P.S. Kathy Lee said on the Today Show this morning that she has to start her day off with scripture or everything goes downhill. Hearing that made my day. You go Kathy Lee, thank you for having the guts enough to talk about your freedom to religion on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment