Thursday, July 19, 2012

Operation Get Life Organized.

Boy oh boy, what a day. I want to start by bragging on Liam a little bit. He has learned his first sentence... it is "I did it". He doesn't say it a lot, but he has six or seven times on different days starting in Florida when he said it three times in a row. He also has grasped the concept of bouncing a ball, and playing "roll the ball" with mommy. Ben videoed it tonight and it was SOOOOO cute. I am a proud mama. Now if he will just walk already : (.
So on to my not so great day. Liam woke up around seven so I decided to make us a special breakfast (I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.) Well at 8:58 (when my breakfast is still in the oven, and I'm doing dishes) my cell rang. It was a Realtor wanting to know if they could show my house at 9:00. Yes you read that right, they gave me two minutes notice. I was in a panic. I asked if I could have thirty minutes and I started high tailing it to get things more straightened up. We have only been back from vacation for three days, and I have been studying every extra second those three days and had to grocery shop and go to class. Needless to say I was not prepared to have my house shown. It didn't look terrible at all, but it was not "I want to sell this thing ready." I really should have just told them no, that I wasn't given enough notice, but I am new to this and was to chicken to tell someone I don't even know no. Low and behold I ended up leaving the house barely able to breath in my pj's and no bra just to be embarrassed when I realized that the family was in and out in eight minutes.
I WILL make sure that this doesn't happen again though. I try to keep a clean house, but as anyone with kids knows, it can never really be spotless if the kids are home. In an effort to resolve this problem I have started operation get life organized. My first step was to make a weekly chore list for myself so that I can get  vital cleaning done a little each day. That way if I get another call, everything has been kept up with and I may only need to go over one or two quick things before the Realtor gets here instead of everything. I got a print off from this blog http://pinterest.com/pin/253960866456707396/, then I made up my list and framed it so it can hang on the wall in my kitchen and I can check off what gets done everyday with dry erase markers.
I think it's pretty cute. The next thing I did was buy another storage tote for Liam's room for clothes that don't fit him yet/ clothes for next season to go into, and I got a storage caddy for all my cleaning supplies to go into. I even made a cute little "Mommy's Storage Caddy" label for it.



I really am on a serious mission to get things more presentable and organized around here. One thing I already had down was my storage shelf in my laundry room, but other than that it's pretty unorganized around here. In my laundry room I have storage containers, one with laundry stuff in it, and the other with room sprays in it. Now I just need to get the rest of the house organized. Any tips would be so helpful. My next step as of now is to figure out a good mail/filing system. What are your favorite organization tips? I NEED them.
Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment