Friday, July 27, 2012

Keep Calm and Olympics On!

Today started off very good and then a lot of things started going wrong. It was not my best mommy day ever, but I did pretty good at redeeming the rest of the night. This morning Liam and me worked on him walking(which we finally have on video and some very blurry pictures of), and just played and folded laundry. Once Ben got home from work we ran some errands. I still needed to get the fabric for Liam's red, white and blue/camo wear and a bedazzler. I had no luck on the bedazzler and found some really cute fabric,but it was not what I wanted. They only had two 18X22 inch pieces in the whole store of the fabric I really wanted and that will definitely not be enough so I had to go to plan B.  I did get Liam's tux shirt in the mail though and I am really excited about that...and we have shoes for him to wear now too! The pageant wear is starting to come together. Pam is going to actually sew his fun wear on Monday and we will be ready for the weekend.
Things got even worse when we got home from errands and I tried to package the gift I made for one of my friends who just had an adorable baby, and I ruined it, Now I have to find time to redo that and get new materials for it. Low and behold I had to cancel going to see baby and will reschedule soon. Then to top it all off I have been taking practice test for my state exam and bombing them and that has caused a lot of stress. Luckily things started to turn around when I was able to reschedule my state test for September so I can be more prepared. I am so thankful. It was the best $30 I've ever spent lol.
After that crisis was averted we had dinner and started watching the 2012 Olympic games opening. I also decided to make some USA cupcakes (which I iced to soon so it immediately started to melt)  with my dangerous two cupcakes recipe and an Olympic craft with Liam. I'm so glad the night got much better for me. My favorite part of the opening was when they had those precious second in honor of all the world's fallen soldiers since WWI.

 In the mean time:
and enjoy this DANGEROUS cupcakes for two recipe!

One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
serves 2
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla (yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.
Mommy on, 
Liam's Mommy
P.s. Thank you so much to the few people who took my poll. My first poll was an epic fail, but hey you win some and you loose some right?

No comments:

Post a Comment