Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gadget Alert!

Gadget alert. I LOVE baby gadgets. The only thing I don't like about baby gadgets is that there are to many options, and choices, and colors to choose from. When I was pregnant it had been 15 years since my mom was last pregnant so baby gadgets were WAY different and I needed help haha. I did a ton of research before we registered for stuff and/or bought stuff ourselves. Some things came easily and some did not. I learned through this process, and even today there are so many things I wish I would have known about while I was pregnant. I am going to list some of our favorite gadgets and things that we just couldn't live without for Liam's first year.
 First up is the Summer video infant monitor. I pretty much refused to have Liam without having this device first. It was my top "want" item on my baby registry and thank the Lord my granny got it for us. This monitor provided me such peace of mind in those first weeks, and still does to this day. I do not know what I would have done without it.
 Next up is a cart/highchair cover. These are wonderful. It gives me an added peace of mind that I am doing everything that I can possibly do to keep Liam germ free, and prevent him from getting sick. We take this thing everywhere.
 This is a newer cant live without item. The one pictured above is a little different then ours though. We have the crab sippy and it has a straw. You get it from Walmart and the straw makes a noise when liquid is coming out of it so I know when Liam is actually drinking and when he is just chewing or playing with the sippy.
 Tommee Tippee Paci's. LOVE, there is no other explanation needed on this one.
 Glow seahorse. We did not start out with this item. My friend Tanya gave this to me on a trip to D.C. and although Liam doesn't completely depend on it anymore he did for several months after we got it. He simply would not go to sleep unless this seahorse was playing music in his crib. It was a godsend! Thanks Tanya.
 Of course we love Liam's organic deer bedding. I looked up bedding the week I found out I was pregnant and picked this one right off. Once I showed Ben he was sold and refused to look at any other bedding. He said there was no need, because this was IT. Isn't it so cute.
 Tommee Tippee bottles. They are absolutely the best bottle out there, especially if you are a breast feeding mommy. The nipple is most like a real one.
 The lamb swing. This was Liam's favorite possession until he could no longer fit in it. (that was a sad day). He would sleep and cuddle in this for hours during his first few months.
 Huggies diapers. I have tried them all (besides pampers... I despise them, they are ugly and sag to the  ground... gross.) and these are the only diaper that has continually held up for us.
 Parent's Choice SENSITIVE wipes. I have tried all the wipes. I started off with several tubs of huggies wipes and I just didn't like them at all. Parents choice sensitive ( and it has to be that specific kind or I go crazy) are the only wipes that hold up good enough for me.
 The Brest Friend. This pillow was the ONLY way I could comfortably breast feed Liam. I was just about to give up when he was 6 days old until this pillow was introduced into my life.
 The wonder bug. This saucer can be found at Walmart and Liam just loved it.
Plum Organics consisted of Liam's first baby food. We try to do organic whenever we can and he just loves these pouches... especially now.

So these were some of our first year must have items... what were yours? I am constantly looking for new items now that Liam is getting older. It is truly a never ending cycle and help is always welcome. Every mommy always wants the best for their babies and getting advice from other mommies is ALWAYS helpful. If you don't like the advice they give you then just simply don't take it. Ultimately every mommy has to make their own decisions on what they think is best for their baby, but sometimes you simply don't know about certain things unless you are introduced to them by someone else. I really hope that this blog can help a pregnant or new mommy, and I really hope that some feed back comes in on toddler must haves to add to my ever growing list.
Mommy On,
Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment