Friday, September 14, 2012

Tragedy and Pottery Painting!

So let's just say that today has no exactly been my day. There have been good parts yes, but the bad one's were so hard to look past. We had plans of going home today, but soon after I woke up I realized that I just had to much work to do to be able to go home today.
 Ben took Liam to daycare so I could work, and I headed to the school library. I did a lot of my homework, and got everything that I needed printed off, and my work email checked. Next, I went to get a new school i.d. printed off because I lost my original one. Well I ended up having to go to three buildings to do this and had to pay $20 : (. This being said, I needed a potty break and I put my ten pound computer book on the counter and did my business and washed my hands and decided to go wait in a massive line for a free t-shirt since I was already at the school and was feeling accomplished.
Well after I got my t-shirt I realized I wasn't hauling around my ten pound computer book anymore. I looked everywhere for that book, and made calls and nothing..... it is gone. My $200 computer book is gone, and it is not even the middle of the semester yet..... I now am going to have to buy a new $200 computer book and I balled on campus all the way to my car and until I got home and cried to Ben.
I do not think I have ever lost anything important in my whole life. I remember leaving a purse at Kmart once when I was really little, but that's it. I am devistated.
In an effort to save the day, I decided to put my crazy work load on hold, and go do something fun as a family. We choose to go paint pottery. (We are gonna go on Monday maybe again with a good friend, but we wanted Ben to be able to go too). Liam painted three really cute coasters!


Getting used to the sponges.
 Starting to paint.
 Finished products.
Liam and I with the finished products.
Painting pottery was A LOT of fun. I am really looking forward to doing a lot more of it as Liam gets older. Maybe it can be our special Mommy/Son thing! 

After pottery painting we went to target and found some adorable Hungry Little Caterpillar and Thomas stuff for stocking stuffers for Liam. We also scored The Cat in the Hat dvd for $3.99! Then we went to TJ Max to finish off a wedding present, and of course made a gap stop where I got a $40 sweater for $10! 

Now Liam is conked out and I am attempting to start my 5 page British Literature paper for my supposed Nazi grading teacher : / Jesus guide my hands as they type! I am just to busy to do it right now, but I promise I will post pictures soon of the art work Liam has been bringing home to me from daycare. I even got two new pieces today! eekk. 

Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy 

P.s. Ben set an extremely good example for Liam and actually paid his library overdue charges. They cut the $72 into $20 (it was still way to much to have to pay for books that were only a few days late), but he really wants to be a good example to Liam and we really like to get library books together so he paid the dues. Proud wife moment right here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment