Friday, September 21, 2012

Free Books, a Haircut, and Shots.

Fall is so close I can smell it! I LOVE Fall! It is most definitely my favorite season of the year, following with Winter. I love the oranges, and mustards, and browns, and reds, and creams! I love the pumpkins and the gorgeous landscape around me, and the hayrides and bonfires. I just LOVE fall. Today was a cooler in the morning so I dressed Liam in an adorable fall inspired outfit! Then we unfortunately had to go to his 15 month baby well check up which consisted of two shots : ( I hate it when Liam has to get shots. Usually he does really good, but one of his today was tetanus and we all know how much that hurts.

Ben and I decided to start a tradition with Liam after I believe it was his second checkup ever... we get Liam a book after every scheduled doctor appointment (like the one's where he gets shots)! Books are a great reward for being good and bring more knowledge to your babies life! Usually we try to have the book with us at the appointment so we can read it for the first time there, however today I didn't have the book yet so after shots we went to get a kids meal from Chick-fil-A, and then we went over to Toys R Us to pick out a book. This time we got:
It was a really cute book about slowing down in life, and being polite, and not always being in a huge hurry. So cute!

Speaking of books there is an awesome program called "We Give Book" through Pearson publishing company. http://www.wegivebooks.org/pages/about-us..... they are trying to promote digital and online reading in today's children and for every  book you read, a book is donated to children in need. There are even two campaigns to choose from to have the books sent to. There are a ton of online books to read (current books too like Lady bug girl) and after you finish one you just click donate book and one is donated! It's awesome and totally FREE. Definitely check it out.

After Liam's doctors appointment we came home and took a nap and then we went to the mall for a bit. I actually bought a few articles of clothing for myself all in smaller sizes (the pants WAY smaller) then the clothes I had on! Ben got his bow fixed up and we got Liam a haircut. He didn't do as good as he usually does, but we made it through looking handsome as ever. We let his hair get WAY to long this time.
I know you can't see his hair very well in this one, but it is way cute. He just really didn't want his picture taken (but I snapped a quick cute one... just not much hair is showing). haha
I am so glad that Liam and I actually got to see each other today! I love him to pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment