Friday, September 7, 2012

Goodbyes and Stand Up 2 Cancer.

You know you've been busy when you load the dishwasher before bed, and then wake up to realize you forgot to actually start it. That being said:

This is what I had to have my cereal in this morning.
Today has been a pretty hard day on me. I had to say buy (for now, not forever) to my longest, truest Army Wife friend in Clarksville. I pretty much only have one friend left here and we better see a lot of each other because I am just tore up about Darci moving. I know that her and the kids are thrilled to be HOME again though with her Family. I also got to FINALLY meet Darci's mom today and she is so sweet.
Today has been pretty dull, I cleaned my house, and I helped Darci clean hers. Emotionally I'm kind of a wreck, but Ben made up for it some when I came home to a candle lite dinner. It was DELICIOUS. I took a picture of it on my iPad and cannot figure out how to post it to here (which I am not happy about AT ALL), but trust me it was awesome!
The only other somewhat interesting thing that I did today was take some Grandparents Day pictures with Liam, I don't particularly like how they turned out so I think I am going to re-shoot them tomorrow. I will post one from today anyway though. 
Liam's cute in it, but i don't like the glare on the frame, and Liam really didn't feel good today so he wasn't that in to it. 
This part of the post will be a little random, but I was wallowing in my sadness earlier, when the "Stand Up 2 Cancer" Telethon came on. I wasn't really aware of this organization before tonight, but there program touched my heart. I guess I never really knew what cancer was until the 6th grade when one of my good friends was diagnosed with it, but now I am to well versed with the evil disease. One of the really touching parts was when Taylor Swift sang a song from her brand new unreleased album Ronan. The song was so touching. It seemed like it was about a little boy she actually knew, but I don't know for sure. The song was released special right after she sang it on the show on iTunes and it's only .99! everyone should go buy it. All the proceeds go to the organization. It is the first song I have ever bought off of iTunes myself! (Ben usually buys and takes care of all my music)!

Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment