Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Back... a Tidbit On Our Trip to D.C.

I'm BACK! Sorry I've been MIA... my goal to still blog while in D.C. failed miserably. A quick update on our trip, we had a lot of fun, but Liam really missed his daddy while we were gone and I was really tired by the end! WE had a great trip though. 

1.
One of my favorite things that we did on our trip was get fabric and make bow ties with Tanya. First off her sewing machine is AWESOME and I am slightly jealous of it. (Some day I will be as cool as her!). This was the first one that we made with the fabric I picked out for Liam. I sewed some of it, but really Tanya put this one together... she even figured out how to make it reversible and the picture above isn't even my favorite  side of the bow tie... it is way cute. I also made another one with some fabric she had and I did all of it, except like two things at the end! I am going to blog a tutorial on that one tomorrow! So glad I'm sewing again! 

2. I love blogging on Monday's it is so carefree and fun! P.S. I cannot wait until tomorrows blog! 

3. I actually made a document yay! I made a weekly blog planner document and I am so excited about it! 


4.
 I have a pretty dang sweet husband! He may not be perfect, but after a crazy flight and a rude airport worker/ extra security check these waiting for me in the car is just what I needed!  

5. I am going to be crazy busy this week and it's all I can think about. Liam has his first FULL (tues, wed, and thurs) week at daycare this week, I have newspaper training week (I finally got a your hired -kind of - email), and classes start next week. It will all be ok though! 

6. I am currently trying to read " House Rules" by. Jodi Picoulti and so far it is really good. I say trying, because it is NOT easy to read the way I used to with a baby. 

7. This week I am going to meditate on Philippians 4:13.... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.! I so need this verse this week! It's Ben's favorite so that's why I went with it tonight!

8. I'll admit I have a down fall .... we let Liam sleep with us for about two months. I always said I would never do this, and really I don't even know how it started, but it happened and this is night three of letting him cry it out and self sooth. IT SUCKS, and I HATE it, but it is long overdue. We just feel bad and blame ourselves for even letting it happen, because he was such a good crib sleeper before we let him in our bed. This to shall pass though right? 

9. 
I miss these kids already !!!!!! : ( 

Have a great week mommies and future mommies!

Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment