Saturday, June 23, 2012

Long Day

Today has felt like it has last forever. I woke fairly early this morning and got a good shower before heading to the Clarksville Flea Market. I felt completely fine, but once I got there and walked around for a few minutes I really started regretting not taking any medicine before we left. Low and behold we had a very short trip and I was home in less than probably thirty minutes. When we got home Little Liam and me laid in bed and watched some Pooh episodes. It got me to thinking about how terrible kids tv is now days. Think about it... all the good down to earth shows were out when our parents were little, things like Pooh, Looney Toons, Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse... and there still the shows we watched as kids too. Years later were now showing those shows to our kids, but they are night and day difference from the shows on morning tv. I may seem strict, but there are shows like Spongbob that I don't want Liam to watch, because I don't like the constant message of it's ok to rip your pants and show your butt to everyone,  but there are also shows like the wiggles and ki hi ni-ho (whatever that Japanese show is ) that I won't let him watch for the simple fact that they are stupid and creepy and have no value to them what so ever. I like that kids shows now days are geared toward education, but maybe the morals and values taught in the old shows is what kids really need. The world our children are going to live in is scary. Ok end of scary look into reality.
The rest of my day has been spent eating mushy food (which I'm getting very sick of) and studying. It is very hard to study while you are dizzy, but I have somewhat managed to do some light studying. I also got a call from my mom and my lil bro and they made my day seem a lot better. Hopefully tomorrow I can take back my motherly duties from Ben and get some quality time with my little guy. I did however manage to read "The Lorax" to him earlier though. I think I will end my night with a strawberry banana smoothie made by the one and only Ben Comer and my Kindle!
Mommy On,
Liam's Mommy
(No pics today sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment