Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Challenges

Today has been a pretty good day, but Liam has challenged Ben and me as parents. He kept trying to climb the direct tv box and we continually had to make him stop, and he just kept doing it. He also has decided to throw random fits when he's getting a diaper change or new clothes on, or out of the bath and like cringes and holds his breath. (apparently I used to do something like this when I was little too :/) Needless to say we still love him to pieces, but we started to feel lousy for constantly telling Liam, "no, no," and yelling to quite, and smacking his hand.
Ben has been doing a bike refinish, so to make sure he could work in peace Liam and me went to hobby Lobby and the mall for a big part of the day. We got pretty much everything that we were lacking besides food for Liam's party, and I was able to find a really cute dress to wear to his party. I did however get into a little bit of trouble for spending $30 almost on jelly beans. Ben knew I was getting them for the party and liked the idea, he just wishes when they told me the price I would've said, "never mind, no thank you." I didn't though so oh well.... these kids better love these jellybeans lol.
The night has been spent making a family Walmart trip and cutting out pieces of fabric for a last minute present for Liam. I also painted an '"L" orange. When we were at Walmart, I stumbled upon a magazine that is my new favorite of all time. I'm gonna be a little selfish and not release the name though, because with Pinterest, any house idea I have had lately has got done by a family member or close friend and I want a few things different than everyone I know. Understandable right? Plus it was $10 and you don't want to spend that do you? lol
Another challenge I faced today was the great car seat debalicle. Liam will be one in seven days. Well according to his car seats standards, he meets all of them to be able to forward face. However, doctors now recommend that children rear face until they are two. I want Liam to be as safe as possible at all times so I like this rear facing idea. The problem is, every time we get in the car lately has been a struggle, so Ben practically begged me tonight to put it forward facing. I said that we could try it out, but I am still not to sure about it.
A few random notes before I go. After Liam got put down to sleep I went into our room and Ben had a dozen duck decoys blew up on our bed. It was quite the surprising sight. Also, Ben went outside at one point tonight and freaked out, because someone was just standing in our yard... then he realized it was the Realtor putting picture fliers on our For SALE sign. Bahahahaha.
Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment