Saturday, June 9, 2012

"The Adventures of Captain Cheeks"

This has been a good weekend. My amazing husband surprised me with a friend date with my friend Darci and we had a blast. He picked the movie and time and called her to set it up and everything. He is pretty awesome most of the time. It has been a LONG time since I just went out with a friend to do something and I needed it BAD. Before my friend date I finally got to have a superhero photo shoot with Liam; or should I say Captain Cheeks. It is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Photography has always been something I've enjoyed, not anything I would want as my permanent career, but I love taking pictures of kids and want to get better at taking pictures of Liam myself. I also like editing them, and have been getting a lot better at it. I think that sometimes only a mom knows how to truly capture the perfect images of her kids. 
Take our photographer Darci for example... she takes amazing pictures (duh have you seen liam's every three month pictures lol), but when she takes pictures of her kids she captures their personalities perfect and the pictures are nothing like what she takes of her clients.... I want to be able to do this! 
Anyway, enough about taking pictures. Liam got his THIRD haircut today. There is no way I could've waited until his first birthday for his first cut, because all three times he has went to get it cut it has been starting or already like literally going down his back, and long enough for pigtails or a short pony..... not cool for a baby boy if you ask me. He looks so hansom with his new cut and was way better this time then the previous two times...he even got a sucker! 
Tonight Ben and me have been making his flag short in an effort to save $40 and they turned out GREAT, and Ben cut and we painted a "1" prop for his pictures tomorrow. In the morning we have church and then I am on the hunt for a candle stick holder (long story) and some helium balloons. Also, to find a pretty wildflower field on post (if that even exist). Then it's picture time... weather permitting. The rest of the week will be spent in preparation for his two First birthday parties. Hopefully all the prep time will take my mind off the fact that my little baby Liam is almost one. 
Mommy on,


Liam's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment