Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bringing Light Into the World

"Don't base your parenting skills on the ability to keep a hat on your child" 
                                                                                    -Stewart 

Hey everybody! Today I'm gonna tell you all a little about June 19th, 2011... which happened to be FATHER'S DAY and the day I gave birth to little Liam.
To back track a little first, I had a doctors appointment on my due date which was June 15th because I was still pregnant. I was so miserable at this point and hadn't slept but for 8 hours in 36, and I was even taking sleeping pills, they just weren't working. I was big as a house and just so discouraged that Liam hadn't came yet. I asked my doctor if there was any possible way I could just be induced. She said that labor and delivery don't really like doing social inductions, but that she was gonna put me in for one because I had been so sick for so long, and already reached my due date. Well the date she gave me was the morning after my brothers girlfriend was suppose to be induced. I did not want my mom to have to choose who to be with, but sometimes in life you have to make tough decisions and you have to put yourself before others, and she still wasn't even due for another week and a half and had not been sick so i choose myself over her and stole my mom for the day lol. It was a hard decision, but one I had to make. Plus if I would have had him even a day later then I did, Ben's mom as well as my dad wouldn't have been able to be there.
Anyways, she scheduled my induction for Saturday June 18th (3 days after my due date). I went in at 7:30 in the morning and we got the process started... and my doctor was right, labor and delivery had no faith in me. They pretty much told me "well were gonna give you this pill, but were not gonna give you any potocin and were pretty sure were gonna send you home at 11 tomorrow." Well luckily I proved them wrong. They were suppose to give me a pill every 4 hours to speed up effacement. Well after 3 pills they had to stop giving them to me because my contractions were already to close together. I was in quite a bit of pain and didn't receive any medicine until I was 5cm. Then at 7cm I finally got my epidural, which they had to do 5 times before they got it right by the way. Another complication I ran into is that they gave me Zofran in my IV because I was getting sick and it infiltrated and my hand swelled up the size of a baseball glove and it and my arm were super hard. They ended up having to redo my IV in my other hand, so when I was pushing I really didn't have a hands to help me along. I had a beautiful baby nephew born on the 18th and 14 hours later, after 45 minutes of pushing I had Liam Walker Mathias Comer. Let's just say that the next day when my first doctor and nurse came in they were very surprised to see that I had a baby and they in fact were not sending me home at 11. A little neat fact is that my brother and I are 14 months apart and our babies are 14 hours apart... pretty cool if you ask me! I was the first grandchild on my dads side therefore I always wanted to be the first to bring a great grand child into the world.... well that didn't exactly happen, and I'll admit I was pretty upset at first, but I came to terms with it and realized that it was God's plan for Aiden to come first!
Tomorrow I'm gonna share my couponing tips with you so make sure to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment