Thursday, September 29, 2011

"City Life"

Let me start by saying that I do not like the city what so ever. I love being from a town where the car lanes are only single or double, stores have parking lots, there are parks everywhere, and these things called trees have other trees around them, not bricks and stones because there is only one per block. I just can't stand  being in D.C. and having to pay to park anywhere you go. We went to the movies and on top of our tickets which cost $22 we had to pay $8 to park... that's crazy. There are stoplights every 20 feet, people are super rude, the second the light turns green cabs are already honking at you, people walk out in front of your car in the middle of the road, it is just crazy. Don't get me wrong, there are some great attractions here, but when it takes 45 minutes to drive 3 miles, then you look for parking for an hour, and then have to walk over a mile to your destination, by the time you get there your all frustrated and tired and it's really not even worth it.
Today we went to the Capital building, shopping, and to the National Zoo. The zoo was a lot of fun because we got there about an hour and  half before closing so it wasn't crowded at all. We actually got to see the Giant Panda's to, so that was a really neat experience. I also was able to get some great pictures of animals and of Liam at the zoo. He acted like he really liked it.... until he fell asleep lol.
Another thing about this city is that there are so many nanny's in it. I am all about working mom's if they want to have a job, but it's just really sad when some of these kids see their nannies more then their own parents. I could never do that to Liam, becuase in my opinion not having much money and seeing your kids is WAY better then having lots of money and never seeing your kids. Yes you want to give your kids nice things, but things can never replace love and memories.
I have to hand it to D.C. it is a very clean city, unlike Chicago which is discusting, but country life is the life for me. It is where Ben and I want to raise our Liam and any other children we may have. I want my kids to be able to ride their bikes without worring that a crazy cab driver will hit them, and to be able to go the park without paying for parking, and to go get ice crem cones that don't cost $10. I have also decided that I really want to see the 9/11 memorial in New York, but after that I will never visit a city again in my life unless it's to see a cubs game!
P.S. WE got Liam a Christmas present today at this super cute store Giggles.... if you ever run into one check it out it's a great baby boutique and the prices are high, but not to terrible. (btw he was sleeping when we got it so he hasn't seen it yet lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment