Monday, October 1, 2012

Farms, Special Lunch Sundays, and Book Fairs.

Once again I am playing super mommy this week. Already today I have observed in a middle school, went to an eye exam, volunteered at Liam's daycare's bookfair, had dinner, read books, and am fixing to start on my homework after Liam goes to bed in a bit. I will be observing two more times this week and volunteering at the book fair one more time so I am swamped, but I love every second of it (except the homework part lol).
Yesterday was a blast and has made today really hard to get back into the swing of things. We went to the Riverview Mounds Century Farm in Clarksville, TN and it was a blast. We kind of felt like we were cheating on the Travis farm, but really we just played here and got only one big pumpkin and a few small ones... were saving the good stuff for the Travis Farm in Metropolis, IL.
Anyway, there were so many fun things to do like a petting zoo, slide, tot play area, barrel ride, hayride, tire jungle, and pony rides just to name a few things. Liam had a blast and honestly Ben and I did too! It was a great time. Here are some super cute pictures:
 Petting the goats.
 Running around... he is the CUTEST!
 Feeding the goats.
 Farm Family!
 Mommy and Son!
 Tractor time!
He was so concerned with what the driver was doing lol and of course steering the whole time. 

For on the way to the farm I made Ben and Liam an extra special lunch:
It may not be perfect, but I don't think it's terrible. I used bread for phenias' face and a marshmallow cut in half for the eyes with raisins in the centers. I used a piece of marshmallow for the mouth and three reeses chips. Then I used pieces of cheese for his shirt and carrots cut in half for the hair. For Perry I used a blue fruit roll up for the body, pieces of marshmallows with raisins in the middle for the eyes, and cheese for the beak. I filled with grapes and oranges! They LOVED it. I want to make Sundays "cute lunch" days so lets hope I keep it up! 

Last picture is of the books bubs got tonight at the book fair:
He choose Silent Night and Apples A to Z. We already read them and are very happy with the decisions he made : ) Yay for a new fall book ! (and a Christmas one haha). 

Mommy on,
Liam's Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment