Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Changes

I've been so busy, school is so hard this semester, I don't know what me time is anymore blah, blah, blah. Ok now lets get to what I want to say tonight. I have really been trying to evaluate myself the past month and I have figured some things out and still have an open heart and mind to learn more. One thing that Ben and I have been realizing lately, is you HAVE to communicate and do it well to have a good relationship. Also, no one likes to argue, but if it's what you have to do to get through some stuff then do it, but correct the problems so arguments don't keep having to happen.

Another thing is that you have to date even when your married and especially after you have kids. Yes, it is much harder to date once your become parents, but make it work. It sucks to spend and extra $20-50 on a babysitter (usually more then the total cost of your date), and it's really hard to find one when you live 2 hours away from family and know virtually anyone where you live anymore, but still make it work.

We haven't been doing this, but things are changing in this Comer household. Ben surprised me yesterday by telling me that he is gonna take me to a Rascal Flatts concert on Friday and out to eat at a restaurant with valet parking and reservations (the restaurant is a surprise location though). I am so stoked. He made plans for Little Liam to spend the night with my parents and everything. I am sad because it will be my first night away from Liam since he was born, but we NEED this date.

Today has been such a good day knowing I have a date this weekend. I have went out and bought the perfect outfit, and had my eyebrows done and I am just glowing with excitement. It's the little things in life that matter the most.

Another thing that I have learned is that reading my Bible and having God in my life is not just something to put on my to-do list.... it is a necessity for living. I love to read and rarely do anymore unless it is for school, but how dare me ever read a book if I haven't read my Bible that day. Also, it's ok to do it during Liam and Mommy time, because he needs to hear the Word too!

The last major thing I have learned is that it is to easy to get wrapped up in social media and email and blog reading and avoid your family. I am going to do my very best to start only using social media when Liam is asleep! When he is awake and we are together it is our time and I have no business focusing on anything other then him and being the BEST mom I can be to him.

One last thing is I made the decision to commit to getting a mentor on Sunday to help me and mentor me during my walk with God. I still have to call her tomorrow to set up our phone chats and stuff, but I am excited for this next step in my life.

Mommy on,
Tiffany Comer

P.S. I did not know Lane Wolfe, but my heart aches for his family and friends tonight  Let's have a moment of silence for then and keep them in our prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment