Thursday, October 20, 2011

Whew! Being a new mom in college is kicking my butt, but I'm making it work the best I know how. One major thing I have learned is that spending time with your family is the most important priority. No, I never want to have to fail a test because I spent time with my family instead of studied, but if it ever came to that then so be it. I have been having to study a lot lately, but I try to do it late at night after Liam is asleep, and if he naps during the day, with the exception of the day before exams when I study almost the whole day.
Liam has been getting so big lately. He holds his bottle on his own, for about half his feeding every time now, he  "talks" constantly and is starting to make very distinctive sounds that sound like mum, da, good, and hi. (not really words yet, but he's like a minute away from them being considered "words"), also he laughs and has started a little on baby food! He is just such a smart baby. For example, he will be cracking up, and you pull out a camera and he puts on his serious face. He does not like smiley pictures..... Ben says that Liam thinks there not manly bahahaha. Ben also thinks that since Liam doesn't smile in them, that he doesn't have to either. WRONG! haha
Another important thing I want readers to understand is NEVER be embarrassed of your children. Well, you can if they like fart in public or something, but it breaks my heart when parents are ashamed of their children. Children not smiling for pictures, or not as advanced as other children, or with medical problems, or cradle cap.... cannot help this stuff, and how dare their parents be ashamed of them. A good example of not being ashamed is I have a friend whose daughter had to wear a helmet for a few months, because she was sleeping in the same position all the time and her head wasn't quite forming roundly. This mom could have been embarrassed of her daughter, but she wasn't. She loved her just the same, she went out with her in public just the same, and she even decorated the helmet to make it more girly! I admire this mom so much!
Love your children unconditionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment